In relation to food, some of the most important conditions are:
- Must be free of any prohibited substance or ingredient.
- It should be a product made using appropriate tools or machinery. Should not contact with a prohibited substance or product during its development, production, processing, storage and transportation.
- Permitted animals should be slaughtered without unnecessary suffering and fulfilling with the set of conditions established.
- According to SMIIC Halal Standard among the sea products the fishes generally considered halal but the fish with scales and shrimp must be distributed by label.
- Preservatives, colorings, flavorings or additives must be Halal.
- Animal feed supplies must be of plant origin.